Thursday, January 10, 2019

The next step

Ginger was given a nerve block in her left front leg today.  Our vet consulted with two other vets and between them they agreed on the medication and dosage to administer.  I can’t tell you how many times I marvel at the effort veterinarians put in to do best by our animals.  I also admire their courage.  They demonstrate it by admitting they want a second opinion.  I respect that because in my profession I do the same thing.  No professional knows everything.  It is instead the true professional that parks their ego and seeks the opinions of others and then thoughtfully comes to a conclusion.

I also spoke to our farrier, who is coming out tomorrow to reshoe her.  He also consulted with another farrier and they discussed past therapies and strategies and then they came up with a plan.  He had to drive to Ohio to get the necessary shoes for tomorrow.  Between the nerve block and a dose of bute in the morning she should be comfortable enough for the work on her feet.

In the meantime she is happy today and bickered for her food.   Onward and upward.

No comments:

Post a Comment